(also shisham tree)
- An Indian tree of the pea family, which produces useful timber.
More example sentences
- Dalbergia sissoo, family Leguminosae
- Saharanpur is the home of the famous carved and delicately inlaid shisham wood furniture that takes its name from the town.
- Climatic changes are taking a heavy toll on kikar and shisham trees in south western part of Punjab.
- Certain traditional trees like imli, jamun and banyan may also meet the fate of shisham and keekar.
mid 19th century: from Persian and Urdu šīšam.