- A rough Japanese spirit distilled from any of various ingredients, including sake dregs.More example sentences
- While it may be best known for flawless Japanese food, and as the natural habitat of international celebrities, we're more interested in the wonderful sake and shochu cocktails.
- Aside from all the sakes (brought to the table in pointy bamboo beakers), you can also dizzy yourself with shochu, the fierce Japanese vodka drink, which is newly in vogue in Tokyo.
- If you're not in the mood for a sake or a saketini - made with sake and shochu and graced with a spear of prettily cut cucumber - you can bring your own bottle for a $10 corkage fee.
from Japanese shōchū.
More definitions of shochuDefinition of shochu in:
- The US English dictionary