Definition of shopfitter in English:
A person whose job it is to fit the counters, shelves, etc. with which a shop is equipped.
- It was obvious that the shopfitters had been back as all was now in order.
- Once a site is chosen, the company brings in a team of shopfitters to put its own style on it - which takes about six weeks.
- The company also has an expanding contracting division which provides a design and installation service to a number of building firms and shopfitters.
- Example sentences
- Morris admits that the margins on shopfitting and construction are low, with health and safety issues making it a tough market to thrive in.
- I don't mind working as a joiner and doing shopfitting.
- A similar exercise in minimalist shopfitting is to be seen at the Source in Temple Bar where luminous pink seems to be the predominant colour and the floor is covered in knobbly plastic.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan