The owner and manager of a shop.
- When we walk into a shop we get sneered at by the shopkeeper and we are not left to walk about the shop freely.
- He picked up an item from the shop and agreed to pay its price to the shopkeeper.
- I dashed into a shop and told the shopkeeper that I had to use his phone urgently.
- Example sentences
- Redmonds shop of Oola closed last Friday, as Joan and Joe Redmond have retired from shopkeeping.
- By 1845 the economic prospects for South Australia and Hay had improved enough for him to start shopkeeping again.
- For Derek shopkeeping is in his family's blood, with grandparents, uncles, aunties and nieces all running shops.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: shop|keep¦er
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.