- An order or dish of food which can be quickly prepared and served: a short order of souvlaki [as modifier]: I’m a short-order cookMore example sentences
- I grabbed my fiberglass tray, slid it on down to the short-order cook and placed my order.
- He then became a short-order cook, often working one or two other jobs.
- A short-order cafeteria at the base serves burgers, brats, and fries; on weekends look for the open-air barbecue at the base of Marge's Triple.
in short order
- see short.
More definitions of short orderDefinition of short order in:
- The US English dictionary