- 1British another term for floating rib.
- 2 (short ribs) North American A narrow cut of beef containing the ends of the ribs near to the breastbone.More example sentences
- Curiously, given Samuelsson's genius with fish, the meat dishes, like beef short ribs and an inventive rib-eye carpaccio, are much better.
- The most comforting winter meal on the planet has to be braised beef short ribs.
- They're always happy to see short ribs on the menu (although calf's liver is better), and the phrase ‘potato pancake’ is music to their ears.