- 1British Shortbread.More example sentences
- The boys' superb home-made vanilla ice-cream was creamy and lush, while the caramel shortcake was a cracking example.
- She baked mouth-watering cakes, mini chocolate muffins and millionaire shortcake to keep everyone happy.
- Blanched almonds, cloves, and rosewater may enhance their appearance and flavour; and their texture is like shortbread (or shortcake in N. America).
- 2North American A rich dessert made from short pastry and topped with fruit and whipped cream.More example sentences
- I preferred berries on shortcake with a big scoop of ice cream, but I had to admit those melons were sweet.
- Spoon sliced berries and any juices over shortcake.
More definitions of shortcakeDefinition of shortcake in:
- The US English dictionary