noun (plural shorties)• informal
- 1A person who is shorter than average (often used as a nickname): even shorties like Brain and I had to be careful not to bang our heads Shorty BowlegsMore example sentences
- We saddled up, although simply getting on the horse was a trial for a shorty like me.
- Need I remind you the countless hours you spent crying because no one wanted to be friends with the shorty?
- But as a fellow shorty, the Celtic manager is hardly going to judge this as an insurmountable disadvantage.
- 1.1 [often as modifier] A short garment, especially a short dress, nightdress, or raincoat: she pulled on a shorty nightshirtMore example sentences
- Titania first appears in a blue silk ball gown, but when retiring she discards the gown to reveal a shortie slip nightdress.
- Katkandu motors through a gap in the barrier reef between South Water Caye and Carrie Bow Caye as we pull on shortie wetsuits, weight belts, tanks, fins.
- The other sister is in a tight-fitting, low-cut black dress under a square-cut shorty jacket with elbow-length sleeves.
More definitions of shortyDefinition of shorty in:
- The US English dictionary