Definition of shoulder pad in English:
1A shaped pad sewn into the shoulder of a garment to provide bulk and shape.
- Fine-tune the shoulder pad position in a garment.
- He was wearing a large black cloak, with the a flag stitched onto the right shoulder pad.
- The car went backwards and I grabbed the car seat and the shoulder pad of his jacket.
1.1A hard protective pad for the shoulders used in certain sports, such as ice hockey and American football.
- Rogers, who is returning from a broken right collarbone, wears a rubber shoulder pad during workouts as a precaution.
- If he does participate, Rogers likely will wear a rubber shoulder pad to reduce the impact of any incidental hits.
- The only problem is that Schulters' helmet still hasn't hit Ward's, and the replays clearly showed it was a clean hit with his shoulder pad.
Definition of shoulder pad in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan