Definition of shoulder surfing in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
The practice of spying on the user of a cash-dispensing machine or other electronic device in order to obtain their personal identification number, password, etc.
- Bushell believes suggestions that chip and PIN will lead to an increase in shoulder-surfing and street robbery is ridiculous scaremongering.
- Provided that these brain signals can be recorded and processed in an accurate and repeatable way, a pass-thought system might provide a quasi two-factor, changeable, authentication method resistant to shoulder-surfing.
shoulder surfer noun
- Example sentences
- Be on the lookout for "shoulder surfers" when using automated teller machines.
- Once they've captured your PIN, the shoulder surfers will try to steal your wallet or purse so they can get your ATM card.
- Beware of shoulder surfers when you go to the ATM.
Definition of shoulder surfing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.