- 1The process, fact, or amount of shrinking: give long curtains good hems to allow for shrinkageMore example sentences
- At the beginning of the process, for moderate external glucose concentrations, small shrinkages were observed and vesicle shapes remained quasispherical.
- Slightly overfill the crack to allow for shrinkage.
- Formation of shrinkage cracks allows water infiltration that weakens the subgrade, which may lead to further fatigue cracking in the pavement structure.
- 1.1An allowance made for reduction in the takings of a business due to wastage or theft.More example sentences
- The effect has been two agency closures, a couple of mergers, and further shrinkage is expected in the coming year.
- The land of spoilage, shrinkage, of profit margins so thin that the accountant's hands bleed with a thousand sharp cuts.
- Economic growth in 2006 is expected to slow because of to export shrinkage in the field of heavy production.
More definitions of shrinkageDefinition of shrinkage in:
- The US English dictionary