- 1 • informal Something which causes disgust or severe disappointment: the goal was a real sickener for a Linfield defenceMore example sentences
- We have done wonders to get to host the conference and it would be a real sickener if financial problems wreck all the hard work.
- Mr Rothwell added: ‘It's a real sickener and I would appeal to the thieves to at least give us back the things which are clearly of no use to them, or to anyone else.’
- We thought we had a great chance after that, of winning Leinster, but Louth beat us by a point and that was a real sickener.
More definitions of sickenerDefinition of sickener in:
- The US English dictionary