- A relatively mild condition caused by the presence of a single gene for sickle-cell anaemia, producing a smaller amount of abnormal haemoglobin and conferring some resistance to malaria.More example sentences
- In 1933, L.W. Diggs of Memphis demonstrated the existence of both the asymptomatic sickle-cell trait and the actual disease sickle-cell anemia.
- It has also been proposed that the prevalence of sickle-cell trait can influence the genetic structure of parasite populations.
- To my surprise, I found remarkably high frequencies of sickle-cell trait carriers in tribes living close to the coast of Kenya and near Lake Victoria, whereas in the intervening highlands the frequencies were < 1%.
More definitions of sickle-cell traitDefinition of sickle-cell trait in:
- The US English dictionary