- A strip of hair grown by a man down each side of the face in front of his ears: he kept his small moustache and sideburns neatly trimmedMore example sentences
- He is 17 or 18 years old, of stocky build and has Afro hair and sideburns.
- The man was young, olive-skinned, with black hair, sideburns, a moustache, and sparkling blue eyes.
- He quickly went to shaving, trimming up his sideburns and removing straggling hairs on his chin.
late 19th century: originally burnside, from the name of General Burnside (1824–81), who wore sideburns.
More definitions of sideburnDefinition of sideburn in:
- The US English dictionary