- A molecule which binds and transports iron in microorganisms.More example sentences
- Uptake of iron siderophores and vitamin B12 into the periplasm has been shown to be an example of an energy-dependent translocation process through the outer membrane.
- These siderophores bind iron efficiently and are then taken up by the bacteria through specific cell-surface receptors.
- Intracellular release of iron from siderophores is probably mediated by special reductases and/or hydrolases.
More definitions of siderophoreDefinition of siderophore in:
- The US English dictionary