- A defensive or paranoid attitude based on the belief that others are hostile towards one: once you develop a siege mentality, anything is believableMore example sentences
- He let out an almost cartoony frown as he heard the unmistakable reloading of a shotgun and zigzagged past wailing shoals of feverish shoppers who, if he had been inclined towards the siege mentality, seemed to form a deliberate barricade.
- And I understand some people wanting to protect their homes in the light of this dreadful attack, but we must not give in to a siege mentality based on fear.
- It is certainly not a siege mentality and it is not an attempt to block out the media.
More definitions of siege mentalityDefinition of siege mentality in:
- The US English dictionary