A tall Australian tree which yields silky-textured timber similar to oak.
- Several species in the family Proteaceae, in particular Cardwellia sublimis and the frequently cultivated Grevillea robusta
More example sentences
- Notable natives assuming statuesque proportions in northern NSW include brush box, flindersia, native tamarind, red cedar, silky oak and turpentine.
- I kicked a silky oak in the front yard and broke my big toe.
- Bright reds and yellows are offset by calm beech and silky oak panels; the big volume is bathed in light from clerestories.
More definitions of silky oakDefinition of silky oak in:
- The US English dictionary