- A colourless solid, soluble in water, formerly used in photography.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: AgNO3
- Silver halide is manufactured by combining silver nitrate and halide salts (chloride, bromide, and iodide) which results in a range of crystal shapes and sizes.
- So then Talbot tried washing his paper with a strong solution of table salt (sodium chloride) and then brushing over a solution of silver nitrate.
- In kallitype printing, a suitable paper is coated with a solution of ferric oxalate and silver nitrate, using either rod or brush.
More definitions of silver nitrateDefinition of silver nitrate in:
- The US English dictionary