- 1 [mass noun] British The upper side of a round of beef from the outside of the leg: large cubes of silversideMore example sentences
- Less expensive cuts such as brisket, silverside or topside have plenty of collagen, a protein present in connective tissues.
- My roast veal was three rectangular pieces of beast with the grey, gristly flavour of school silverside.
- But how to make good use of the topside, silverside and thick flank was always less well understood.
- 2 (also silversides) A small, slender, chiefly marine fish with a bright silver line along its sides.
More example sentences
- Family Atherinidae: several genera and species
- This consists of killifishes, herrings, sardines, gobies, silversides, anchovies small mullets, and lizardfishes to name a few.
- Inland silversides were particularly common prey of juvenile gar in Lake Texoma, making up 84% of the diet, with gamefishes accounting for less than 1% of the diet.
- Groups such as silversides, herrings and anchovies often congregate in feeding shoals numbering in the millions.
More definitions of silversideDefinition of silverside in:
- The US English dictionary