Definition of simplify in English:
verb (simplifies, simplifying, simplified)[with object]
Make (something) simpler or easier to do or understand: an overhaul of court procedure to simplify litigation
More example sentences
- The two groups are working in partnership to simplify existing rules and information processes.
- Huge steps were made in simplifying information access, mapping, and transformation.
- Such a narrow view of the process of seeking information simplifies the conduct of research.
make simple/simpler, make easy/easier to understand/do, make plainer, clarify, make more comprehensible, make more intelligible, remove the complexities from, disentangle, untangle, unravel;
paraphrase, put in words of one syllable, make more accessible, popularize;
streamline, reduce to essentials, rationalize
North American informal dumb down
- Example sentences
- Certainly, there have been distortions and simplifications in British reporting on GM, just as there has been much careful, conscientious journalism.
- The article goes into depth on each section of the pyramid, describing simplifications and fallacies.
- This research demonstrates how wrong our simplifications can be.