Definition of simplify in English:
verb (simplifies, simplifying, simplified)[with object]
Make (something) simpler or easier to do or understand: an overhaul of court procedure to simplify litigation
More example sentences
- The two groups are working in partnership to simplify existing rules and information processes.
- Huge steps were made in simplifying information access, mapping, and transformation.
- Such a narrow view of the process of seeking information simplifies the conduct of research.
make simple/simpler, make easy/easier to understand/do, make plainer, clarify, make more comprehensible, make more intelligible, remove the complexities from, disentangle, untangle, unravel;
paraphrase, put in words of one syllable, make more accessible, popularize;
streamline, reduce to essentials, rationalize
North American informal dumb down
- Example sentences
- Certainly, there have been distortions and simplifications in British reporting on GM, just as there has been much careful, conscientious journalism.
- The article goes into depth on each section of the pyramid, describing simplifications and fallacies.
- This research demonstrates how wrong our simplifications can be.
Words that rhyme with simplifyvilify
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.