- 1A short or simple symphony.More example sentences
- In the liner notes to the recording, Jacob likens his work to ‘a miniature symphony or sinfonietta,’ mainly because the movements show the bare bones of symphonic classical forms.
- Still, in loveliness, this utility sinfonietta is not surpassed by many.
- 1.1A small symphony orchestra: [as name]: the Bournemouth SinfoniettaMore example sentences
- The National Youth Orchestra has chosen the prestigious festival as one of the events to unveil its newly-established sinfonietta.
- The sinfonietta is currently on a European tour which will also take it to Slovakia this month.
Italian, diminutive of sinfonia (see sinfonia).
More definitions of sinfoniettaDefinition of sinfonietta in:
- The US English dictionary