- (Of a gene or genetic sequence) present in a genome in only one copy: P9 is a single-copy subcloneMore example sentences
- In each species, we determined DNA sequence variation of five single-copy genes located in chromosomal regions with either high or low recombination rate.
- The presence of one copy in each of the three homoeologous chromosomes suggests that they were also present as single-copy genes in the common ancestor of the A, B, and D genomes.
- We have only used provably single-copy genes from completed genomes, and therefore this analysis is different to most other analyses in this respect.
More definitions of single-copyDefinition of single-copy in:
- The US English dictionary