verb[no object] North American
- (Of a horse) walk by moving both legs on each side in alternation, each foot falling separately.More example sentences
- Your horse single-foots at a certain speed and it's that speed only that he is comfortable.
- You could have a pacer that single-foots, that doesn't have a nice one-two gait.
- Most of the time he trots; sometimes he single-foots; occasionally one half of him trots and the other half single-foots.
More definitions of single-footDefinition of single-foot in:
- The US English dictionary