Definition of singsong girl in English:
1(In China) a female entertainer.
- At the top end of the scale were gaily decorated establishments featuring singsong girls and dancers.
- As the money flows again and the foreigners return, the singsong girl too is making a comeback.
- He listens to her, he even starts to help the singsong girls, because she tells him to.
1.1 informal A prostitute.
- In those days the nearby Fuzhou Road was the red-light district, where tea houses and bordellos teemed with singsong girls whose lilting dialects lured clients.
- During his stay in Lhasa, he kept a daily record of the weather, his changes of clothes, what precious stones he bought in the street and their prices, invitations to singsong girls and their names, and so forth.
- Even Du Fu associated with singsong girls once in a while.
Definition of singsong girl in:
- US English dictionary