noun (plural sinus venosi)Zoology
- The first chamber of the heart in fish, amphibians, and reptiles, emptying into the right atrium.More example sentences
- Communication between the sinus venosus and the primitive atrium, the sinoatrial oriface, is centrally located.
- All the blood from the cardinal veins now drains into the right horn of the sinus venosus.
- Sino-septal defects refer to those that involve the area of the atrial septum derived from the sinus venosus.
early 19th century: modern Latin, literally 'venous cavity'.
More definitions of sinus venosusDefinition of sinus venosus in:
- The US English dictionary