1A set of circumstances in which one finds oneself; a state of affairs: the situation between her and Jake had come to a head the political situation in Russia
More example sentences
- If your thoughts are good and creative then you don't need to worry about the situations and circumstances.
- The worst of the economic crisis may be over, but the political situation is far from decided.
- On occasions I've been placed in situations I would consider dangerous.
circumstances, set of circumstances, state of affairs, affairs, state, condition, case;
informal kettle of fish, ball game
situations vacant (or wanted)
- chiefly British Lists of jobs offered (or sought), especially in a newspaper.Example sentences
- Fifty companies looking for employees in a variety of fields were selected at random from newspaper situations vacant columns and recruitment websites.
- If I needed work I'd search through the situations vacant ads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.