- A three-handed trick-taking card game with bidding, originating in Germany.More example sentences
- The rules of skat in Germany are governed by the Deutsche Skatverband which publishes the Skatordnung.
- Using a lid from a margarine tub as a table, they sit and play skat, a three-man card game.
- Once or twice a month, Jan would stop by after midnight to play skat with Alfred and Alexander Scheffler.
mid 19th century: from German, from Italian scarto 'a discard', from scartare 'discard'.
More definitions of skatDefinition of skat in:
- The US English dictionary