Definition of skeg in English:
1A tapering or projecting after section of a vessel’s keel.
- Although the 450 Coastal Commander has a shallow skeg or keel to aid directional control at slow speed, she is not immune to the handling difficulties common to this type of boat.
- They describe aluminum housings pitted with holes ‘like Swiss cheese,’ and skegs and cavitation plates so brittle they crumble in the hand.
1.2Australian informal A surfer.
- Around here the popular crowd are the surfers, or 'skegs'.
- Using a little bit of her vast surfing knowledge (she's a skeg from way back) Kirsty's book definitely keeps you hooked.
- When I was 16, I spent two weeks at a different school, and the very first thing I was asked there was "Are you a skeg?"
Words that rhyme with skegbeg, cleg, egg, Eigg, Greg, keg, leg, Meg, peg, teg, yegg
Definition of skeg in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.