- A light rowing boat or sculling boat, typically for one person.More example sentences
- Charles hurriedly had his friends assist him in launching his rowing skiff and went after the dolphins.
- They did not qualify, however, because the Scouts' canoes were not the sculling skiffs required by the rules.
- His boat is a small skiff with a 25 hp engine, which seriously limits how many people he can take out.
late 15th century: from French esquif, from Italian schifo, of Germanic origin; related to ship.
More definitions of skiffDefinition of skiff in:
- The US English dictionary