- A Tibetan funeral ritual involving the exposure of a dismembered corpse to sacred vultures.More example sentences
- The sky burial of the Tibetan dead is similar to the Parsi ritual where bodies are exposed to the elements to be eaten by vultures.
- The ritual of sky burial originated in Persia more than 3,000 years ago.
- He has even arranged for his body to be returned to Tibet for a traditional sky burial when his number is up.
More definitions of sky burialDefinition of sky burial in:
- The US English dictionary