A pine growing in a low-lying coastal region of the south-eastern US, Central America, and the Caribbean.
- Genus Pinus, family Pinaceae: several species, in particular P. caribaea
More example sentences
- The open canopy consists of longleaf pine with occasional slash pine.
- In Ocala National Forest, foresters and local volunteers replaced slash pine with stronger, more resilient longleaf pine.
- In wetter soils, slash pine replaces most longleafs.
from slash, a US term for swampy ground.
Definition of slash pine in:
- The US English dictionary