- A ruler with a sliding central strip, marked with logarithmic scales and used for making rapid calculations, especially multiplication and division.More example sentences
- An analog calculator designed along the principle of a slide rule, it utilizes logarithmic and inverse logarithmic scales to quickly provide you with the correct firing solution.
- Oughtred described the slide rule in 1622 but the circular slide rule was not described by him until 1632.
- This includes a detailed discussion of the use of the slide rule in making calculations governing the adjustment and operation of looms and weaving equipment.
More definitions of slide ruleDefinition of slide rule in:
- The US English dictionary