Definition of slipcover in English:
nounchiefly North American
1A loose cover, in particular a detachable cover for a chair or sofa.
- Replacing old carpet, adding wall hangings or purchasing a slip cover for an old sofa are cost-effective cosmetic changes that make a less-than-ideal room appear more suitable.
- I love my couch with its rose-covered slip cover.
- I know I could make a slip cover, but I like the texture of the existing fabric. is it possible to dye the chair as is or will I ruin the piece?
1.1A jacket or slip case for a book, CD, or DVD.
- The author of this book is described on the slip cover as a ‘free lance journalist who has devoted much of the last ten years to studying… Caesar… and the… late Roman Republic.’
- Inside of a plastic slip cover, an embossed logo is placed on construction paper envelope.
- The retail sample we received has a box (complete with a plastic handle), with a slip cover outlining the product specifications and features.
Words that rhyme with slipcovertriumvir • Cordova
Definition of slipcover in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan