noun[mass noun] • historical
- A slow-burning wick or cord for lighting explosives.More example sentences
- In the matchlock system, a length of smouldering slow match, instead of being held in the hand, was held in the jaws of a swivelling double-curved bar called a serpentine and brought to the touch-hole by operating a trigger.
- Ignition is by a burning slow match (nitrated cord), which is clamped into the ‘serpentine.’
- Hornblower made his way next to the stairs to light the slow match.
More definitions of slow matchDefinition of slow match in:
- The US English dictionary