Definition of slowly in English:
At a slow speed; not quickly: they moved forward slowly
More example sentences
- The cars moved off slowly and up the steep track to come hurtling down and spinning round.
- After some time we realised that our line was moving much more slowly than the others.
- She held it to his mouth and slowly tilted it forward, letting him gulp down the tea.
slowly but surely
- Achieving the desired results gradually and reliably rather than quickly and spectacularly: the new church began, slowly but surely, to growMore example sentences
- I'll be patient, tackle the job slowly but surely, and I'll get there.
- Well, slowly but surely, the race for the White House is nearing the finish line.
- This is a quick second test post - I'm getting there slowly but surely!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan