- 1Insignificant people or things: he was small fry and privy to nothingMore example sentences
- There is no way the Crown Prosecution Service can stick the loans scandal merely on the small fry.
- Some of those companies are big fish, and others are small fry.
- She was one of the youngest members in the Dance Club after all, small fry and unimportant.
- 2Young fish: undersized whiting and other small fryMore example sentences
- We were surrounded instead by scores of other boats, all equally idle, and the only fish I saw all day were the silvery small fry used for bait, swimming in tight circles in their holding tank.
- Rough season conceal the shoals of small fry upon which they survive.
- For example, Cichlasoma nigrofasciatum and Cichlasoma citrinellum are able to discriminate their own small fry from those of other species.
More definitions of small fryDefinition of small fry in:
- The US English dictionary