noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- A plant of the dock family, typically having slender leaves and a short spike of tiny compact flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Polygonum, family Polygonaceae: several species
- The list of weed species includes: morninglory, bindweed, buckwheat, Pennsylvania smartweed, Venice mallow, sweet clover, velvetleaf, lamb's quarters, and nightshade.
- It also controls certain broadleaf weeds, including Powell amaranth, jimsonweed, annual morningglory, redroot pigweed, Pennsylvania smartweed, common sunflower and wild mustard.
- A mixture of glyphosate plus an herbicide will improve control of prickly lettuce, dandelion, marestail, giant and common ragweed, Pennsylvania smartweed, velvetleaf, mustard species, and other broadleaf weeds.
More definitions of smartweedDefinition of smartweed in:
- The US English dictionary