Definition of smog in English:
Fog or haze intensified by smoke or other atmospheric pollutants: exhaust emissions are mainly responsible for the smog [count noun]: the fires caused widespread smogs
More example sentences
- If there is a quantity of smoke or other airborne pollutant particles present, it is known as smog.
- Lavanya cannot believe our clear atmosphere after London smog and fog, the huge horizon and the sunsets.
- The clouds of smog and smoke did block out a good bit of the sun, meaning it shouldn't be too hot for travel.
smoggy adjective (smoggier, smoggiest)
- Example sentences
- In a week or so,. New York's climate will lurch into summer gear: 95 degrees and up, humid, and smoggy.
- The whole L.A. Basin was smoggy or hazy today, and my lungs hurt.
- Observe fire ordinances and don't use your firepit on no-burn days or when it's smoggy or windy.