nounchiefly North American
- A shed or room for curing food by exposure to smoke.More example sentences
- The Burren Smokehouse is a traditional smokehouse producing quality oak smoked Irish salmon, trout, mackerel and eel.
- A century ago there were more than 40 smokehouses in Hull, curing thousands of tonnes of fish landed at the docks.
- Connemara Smokehouse is one of the few remaining smokehouses specialising in Wild smoked, marinated and roast Irish salmon.
More definitions of smokehouseDefinition of smokehouse in:
- The US English dictionary