Australian /NZ • informal
- Behave in an ingratiating manner: he used to hang around here smoodging to MumMore example sentences
- He stated that he had never smooged to any boss in Mort's Dock or told them anything.
- He genuinely smoodges up to the camera and seems to enjoy having his picture taken.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- More example sentences
- If government wants to work more effectively and efficiently, then get rid of the smoogers.
- Well the married daughters were a couple of pretty crook smoodgers and they laid it on awfully thick and they told papa he was reel sugar daddy and they loved him lots and lots better than cigarettes or cocktails or anything.
early 20th century: probably an alteration of dialect smouch 'kiss, sidle up to'.