- 1A range of open sandwiches and delicacies served as hors d’oeuvres or a buffet.More example sentences
- With hosts Kannikar and Ib Ottesen supplying a Danish smorgasbord which included Norwegian salmon and Japanese Sashimi, it was certainly an international gathering.
- We were invited for one of Bjarne's famous Saturday afternoon smorgasbords - a cosmopolitan late lunch, set around a large circular table, with the food in the centre on a carousel, Chinese banquet style.
- Buffet costs range between $2.99 for some breakfast specials to $14.99 for some seafood-heavy smorgasbords.
- 1.1A wide range of something; a variety: the album is a smorgasbord of different musical stylesMore example sentences
- This concert will feature an exciting smorgasbord of musical styles, ranging from gospel, jazz and folk to sacred and classical arrangements, both serious and funny.
- The producers claim that the 52-episode programme will present a variety of Malayalam, Hindi and Tamil songs befitting a smorgasbord of emotions.
- I enjoyed the mix of articles in this first issue - it was a potpourri or smorgasbord of interesting material.
Swedish, from smörgås '(slice of) bread and butter' (from smör 'butter' + gås 'goose, lump of butter') + bord 'table'.
More definitions of smorgasbordDefinition of smorgasbord in:
- The US English dictionary