- 1A marine fish that is typically reddish and is valued as food, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a fish of a widespread tropical family (Lutjanidae, the snapper family), which snaps its toothed jaws. See also red snapper ● a fish of Australasian coastal waters (Chrysophrys auratus, family Sparidae).
- Common fish which can give ciguatera fish poisoning include groupers, barracudas, snappers, and mackerel.
- Small hard-skinned fish such as snappers, grouper, breams and hind should be gutted and scaled on capture and kept in slurry.
- This is a fantastic summer main course, served with a crunchy green salad on the side. Use a firm, flaky white fish such as snapper, cod or sea bass.
- 3British • informal A photographer: tabloid snappers were crowding the stage doorMore example sentences
- Digital cameras have revolutionised the world of photography, but many snappers are shocked when they realise just how much it costs to print those fabulous pictures of little Emily.
- Five keen snappers received free photography tuition from a professional in a project supported by the Greater Woolwich neighbourhood renewal panel.
- In the second show of Nunnnington Hall's spring and summer programme, the iconic photography of British snapper Terry O'Neill will be on view from May 1 to June 25.
- 4A paper cracker, or the part of a cracker that makes a bang.More example sentences
- Insert the snapper, party favours and confetti or decorative shred into the roll. Make sure the ends of the snapper extend beyond the end of the cracker.
- Insert pull-snapper so that the ends protrude equally from the ends of the tube.
- 5 American Football A centre player.More example sentences
- He is one of the league's best, and coach Bill Cowher doesn't believe in using a position player as a long snapper just to save a roster spot.
- Happe also served as the Beaver's long snapper on punts and placekicks.
- Rob Davis, the Packers' long snapper, is the first player from Shippensburg (Pa.) College to play in the NFL.
More definitions of snapperDefinition of snapper in:
- The US English dictionary