Definition of sobersides in English:
nouninformal , chiefly North American
A sedate and serious person.
- Fred may develop into such a careful old sobersides that his mother will be ashamed of him.
- Fay is no sobersides, but amusement was not his intent.
- Well-crafted dialogue will indicate if a character is smart or dumb, honest or dishonest, amusing or an old sobersides.
- Example sentences
- Controversy and conspiracy theories sell better than sobersided factual analysis, especially in fringe publications.
- If you are looking for more sobersided articles, try the Murdoch-owned Australian.
- I'm probably unbearable in any number of ways, but let it not be said that I'm only grim and sobersided.
Definition of sobersides in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan