A socialist system of government achieved by democratic means: there was a growth of social democracy through an extension of the rights of citizens
More example sentences
- On yet further occasions, she seems to represent a new intellectual phenomenon: militant social democracy.
- In fact, almost the entire left today believes in highly regulated capitalism, or social democracy.
- In his first Observer article Hattersley complained that meritocracy was incompatible with social democracy.
- More example sentences
- The social democrats gambled on bourgeois democracy and the stability of capitalism.
- Politically, this tradition of progressive modernism has been tied to various leftist currents of thought, whether Marxist or social democrat.
- He might have described himself as a conservative social democrat, of the sort that might plausibly gravitate toward neoconservatism.
Definition of social democracy in:
- The US English dictionary