Definition of social entrepreneur in English:
A person who establishes an enterprise with the aim of solving social problems or effecting social change: small-scale projects run by local or regional social entrepreneurs
More example sentences
- And I'm interested in ways of keeping governments and social entrepreneurs honest and accountable.
- He is part of a growing breed and paradigm known as social entrepreneurs.
- Instead of social security benefits for the unemployed, disabled and disadvantaged, Latham advocates low-interest venture capital loans for "social entrepreneurs".
social entrepreneurship noun
- Example sentences
- We are living in a global age of social entrepreneurship.
- The venture takes the concept of social entrepreneurship seriously.
- Just a decade ago, there were virtually no B-school courses or student projects on social entrepreneurship.
Definition of social entrepreneur in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia