Definition of social work in English:
Work carried out by trained personnel with the aim of alleviating the conditions of those people in a community suffering from social deprivation.
- When not studying for her degree in social work, she visits schools and community centres to spread her message.
- She was housebound in her third floor flat and cared for by a devoted husband who accepted little help from social work or community nursing.
- Interestingly, Shiv says his ambition is to do social work and help people.
social worker noun
- Example sentences
- There are too few children's social workers and they are overstretched.
- The government is taking steps to help social workers identify and prevent cases of child abuse.
- With the support of social workers, Lauren moved back home with her mum and for a while they could live together.
Definition of social work in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan