- Relating to society or social relations: societal changeMore example sentences
- The level of social mobility is often used as an indicator of societal openness.
- Each such crisis feeds off, and adds to, the erosion of public trust in societal institutions.
- Maybe the psychiatrists can give an explanation to this societal behaviour.
- More example sentences
- Ashley has dealt with the notion of societally unacceptable speech in other works, and it's hard to believe he's not aware that it's the voice rather than the words that has the dominant effect here.
- Poverty is personally undesirable and societally, in too great a dose, destabilizing.
- The introduction of managed care may be societally necessary to keep down costs.
More definitions of societalDefinition of societal in:
- The US English dictionary