- The dialect of a particular social class.More example sentences
- A basic premise is that inequalities in society will be reflected in the distribution of social dialects (also called sociolects).
- Ideology is firmly embedded in political manifestos, in genderlects, in sociolects with nothing put across as transparently as it seems.
- That is, the poem's significance depends on the reader bringing to the text knowledge of the sociolect and of literary traditions that will uncover its initially hidden meanings.
More definitions of sociolectDefinition of sociolect in:
- The US English dictionary