Definition of sociolegal in English:
1Relating to the relationship between law and society.
- This point was made clear to me when I began studying this area of law from a socio-legal perspective some years ago.
- Moreover, powerful industrialists continue to attain political and economic power because of institutionalized norms and policies (i.e., the socio-legal foundations of laissez-faire capitalism and neo-liberalism).
- Rather than just review the sodomy laws, Bernstein analyzes them from a socio-legal perspective.
2Combining social and legal factors.
- Her research interests are in legal and socio-legal aspects of free software, including licensing.
- The report outlines how the dimensions of unsafe motherhood can be measured and comprehended, and how causes can be identified by reference to medical, health system and socio-legal factors.
- I have also tried to take account of socio-legal research on how the law actually affects health care.