- A blue mineral consisting chiefly of an aluminosilicate and chloride of sodium, occurring chiefly in alkaline igneous rocks.More example sentences
- Associated minerals include various pyroxenes and zeolites in addition to the more familiar lazurite, sodalite, pyrite, and carbonates.
- Lazurite, the deep blue variety of sodalite with sulphur replacing some of the chlorine, is dominant in lapis-lazuli.
- The intermediate zone consists of massive lilac-gray sodalite with inclusions of nepheline, dark green aegirine, and pale green fluorapatite.
More definitions of sodaliteDefinition of sodalite in:
- The US English dictionary